Wednesday, November 16, 2011

baubles

Up until yesterday I had not felt like preparing anything for christmas. Nor have I really had the time. So I have been waiting for the mood to strike. Such is crafting and I. There is really no use pushing these things. And that christmas crafting mood did eventually strike.  Fortunately there was a little free window of time in my day.

These fabric covered baubles are very easy. I'm a little reluctant to put any glass on the tree this year with a little crawler in the house. These seem far more baby proof than the glass variety.



polystyrene  balls


op shop fabric torn in 1-2cm strips


balls coated in craft glue


wound over ball as you would wind a ball of yarn



To hang I am going to thread a long piece of cotton at the top with a needle.

In past years I have not colour themed my tree. But I am thinking of a loose blue and red theme for this year.  With less rather than more. Using what I have in my stash.  I do like the sound of a simple christmas.

17 comments:

  1. love these! Can't wait to see your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a winner, simple but effective!! Love it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look beautiful and so simple.
    You've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful! A simple Christmas is how we are planning things here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh those are great! i may just steal the idea to do with the kids in work.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're gorgeous. Yes, a simple Christmas is an enjoyable one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty - they are going to look so lovely on your christmas tree xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the sound of a simple Christmas this year too and have been waiting for the bug to grab hold of me....this might just be the project to to it. I think i can get the toddlers and teenager involved in this and make it a family craft activity...thanks so much for sharing your idea.
    I am wondering just what i can put out this year in the way of decorations due to toddler twins but these will work well!
    I like your colour theme idea too.
    Jode x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A simple Xmas is where it's at :)
    Last year we made all our decorations...including covering plastic baubles with crochet doilies, I love the simplitcity of them and that many hands played a part in 'making them'.
    I rather like the colour theme you are going for :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look great and I love the colours too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So clever and pretty... have Pinned it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Idea also can't wait to see your tree, we put ours up on the 1st of December.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally agree on the simple theme- we are absconding to the beach with elaborate notes and directions left for Santa to make sure the lego is deposited there as requested. melx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are gorgeous, Tania. I might just have to make some myself! I love the red and blue. Not sure what I'll do this year re: decorating. So hard in a rental property when your hearts not here but I'm sure I'll come up with something. Tis fun! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I like the looks of your simple Christmas already! What a neat ornament idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have any questions please check back later as I will do my best to answer any within the comments section.