I hope you will forgive me for being a little obsessed with pyjamas this week. After sewing up the first pair, I quickly cut out and sewed another pair for myself. Not usually being one for the matching thing, so I'm not sure what came over me, but I soon had the energy to whip up another three sets of pyjamas, but this time in miniature.
I used two old single flannelette sheets in all, with some left over. Julia's pair were traced from her existing pyjama pants, adding seam, hem and elastic allowances, but I added more width in the leg to match my pair and a few extra inches on the length. This is a very easy thing to do and with something like pyjamas there is no precise measurements required, and a little more room for error. I first read about this method in The Creative Family. I then took one of her old tops, that was a little marked, and used a few flowers from the pattern over the marks, attaching with a zig zag stitch.
As for Violet's, you may remember her two pairs I made last year. The tops have been well and truly outgrown, but the pants are still hanging in there. To make the new pants I simply traced around the old pair as above, but I added a few extra inches in length. I think I took the original pattern from tracing around her Quick Change Trousers. The second pair I used a piece of "new" flannel from the op shop. I then took a few hand-me-down tops and added a pocket on one and a few simple applique hearts on the other.
I really had fun making these, and it was a very quick and easy project, all completed within one day and really only spending a few hours. Sadly very "mini me", and feeling a little Sound of Music-like, but it is all in good fun. Not to mention rather practical too.
And for now these girls are quite happy for us all to be matching.