- We planted our fruit trees - all 14 of them, heirloom varieties from Yalca Fruit Trees. A Summer Strawberry apple anyone? Or an Emerald Chesnut? Well, maybe in a few years..
- Why dig your holes by hand when you can use a hired excavator, that requires hiring, loading on a trailer (said trailer not quite up to the job), and a diesel top up before towing home? All worth it in Daniel's books, but I must admit it did do the job extremely quickly with our compacted type of soil. Minus any broken backs.
- A flower and shrub garden bed dug out on our immediate front lawn. Daniel sees maintenance, but I envision being able to fill a vase with pretty flowers.
- More potatoes planted. After the dog dug up and ate half of the first lot. Must remember to shut the gate. Lettuce, bok choy and radish seeds sown.
- The Spring air has awakened the chives and rhubarb. Self seeded cos lettuce has been thinned.
- Nothing like a garden to bring a family together for the weekend. Even if said family disagrees from time to time.
Have you been in the garden lately?