Monday, May 23, 2011

picnicking and knitting





We discovered a little track with a spot for a picnic and fishing yesterday. It turned out it was the old road, complete with river crossing and old metre readings. The trout were jumping and our friends managed to take one home. I realized how easy it is to pack for a picnic when you have a supply of pickles, chutneys and jams in the pantry. I even managed a little knitting, my first time doing so outdoors.

Hoping you all had a lovely weekend.

6 comments:

  1. It does look like you had a nice time there by the water. Yesterday I got a lot done in the yard which was good as today it's been 95*F and I've been staying indoors occupying myself with laundry and a bit of sewing. I love knitting and crocheting as it's so easy to take a project along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely spot you've found.
    And yay on some knitting time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to be able to craft away while out and about isn't it. I have just got the hang of crochet and have been able to take it out with me. Love the colour of your wool-can't wait to see what you are whipping up. melx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crikey, what a lovely spot, it looks idyllic and sounds like a yummy picnic was had - I'm fairly keen on chutney. And pickles come to that! Lol.

    Jem xXx

    P.S thanks so much for the words of encouragement, it's nice to be back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely day, picnicing with friends, enjoying yummy homemade goods and being able to some craft outside. I love exploring and find new places. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, any craft outside makes it so much better in my opinion. And picnicking is always a treat (we went this weekend too!)! What a neat little place you found to go.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have any questions please check back later as I will do my best to answer any within the comments section.