Two large covers sewn.
- the yellow cockatoo print (which I had left over from this project) from Beach Vintage
- pink print, a Japanese cotton, from Tessuti.
I didn't have quite enough fabric to cover the cushion so I joined it to a strip of the backing linen and added a ribbon that I had leftover from another project.
Cushion number three was sewn from a fat quarter from Yardage Girl, and mixed with linen and the Japanese print.
Our fourth cushion, smaller in size was sewn from a Tiny Happy print available in the Etsy store.
All the cushions were backed in a linen from Tessuti. I found it a little more economical to do it this way. They were finished with the overlapping envelope style. This is my favourite way to sew cushions, as they are neat, easy to remove and there is no fiddling with zippers. Oh, and I'm hoping you didn't see the loose thread.
I bought my cushion inserts from here. The duck feathers just last so much longer than polyester. I had bought a small one previously and it is still in excellent condition almost two years later.
It is lovely to have a new scattering of cushions on the lounge and they add a bright and cheerful touch to our neutral lounge. Sometimes a change is a very good thing.