Wednesday, October 24, 2012

smock dress




Another week, another dress. Only it wasn't done this week (I'm far from being that quick and efficient), and this time it wasn't for me.

Having memories of my own growing up, I remember many times accompanying my mother to the sewing shop. Carefully picking out a pattern and fabric which Mum would sew into a pretty new outfit.






Of course it is a little different in this day and age. The picking and choosing was done online this time around. But all with the same intentions and it has hopefully been an enjoyable process for this girl.

Julia chose a fabric called Rooftop Garden, in Sunset, from the Grand Hotel range by Jenean Morrison. Such a pretty name.



I used Simpicity 2689, and it really was a breeze to sew up. Only a few hours over the course of a weekend. No zipper which I loved.




Julia seems quite pleased with her new smock dress. I'm thinking I wouldn't mind one for myself. It does look rather comfortable and loose for Summer.





Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday.


11 comments:

  1. Loose cotton dresses are just the best for hot summer days and Julia looks very comfortable in her cool new dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Lovely fabric, lovely design and lovely girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tania, you are so talented. What a great dress. Thanks for providing a link for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tania it's just beautiful! i agree - it does look so comfy and could be ideal for any age, even us mums who love to be comfy whilst around the house! your daughter made a great fabric selection! I love when my daughter comes fabric shopping and requests something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would wear that in a heart beat!!! Love the retro fabric print. What a lucky girl to have such a clever mum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely choice of fabric by Julia.
    Yes adult sized in this dress would be perfect for summer.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! And your garden is looking very pretty too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dress. Your daughter is lovely in it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so cute!

    andrea brionne
    @thedailyeverythings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have any questions please check back later as I will do my best to answer any within the comments section.