Tuesday, May 22, 2012

ten














  1. A thick blanket of white frost and a minus 3 this morning.
  2. I think I need new ugg boots. Or patches? We've had a good four years together and your orange stripes tell me that you are really much older than that.
  3. Morning sun. You would never guess at the temperature outside.
  4. Wondering if I really could tackle an Elizabeth Zimmermann pattern. Could I?
  5. My only window sill herb. Thinking that I'd like to add more.
  6. The smell of vegetable stock made from scraps wafting through the house.
  7. I love to see my kids read. Even sweeter to spy them reading to their little sister.
  8. The last of the roses for now. Are they dormant over Winter? I really should read up.
  9. Still climbing. Only one minor injury so far.
  10. There is nothing warmer in Winter than wool handknits. My needles would never be able to keep up. Thank goodness for these (increasingly rare) op shop finds. It has taken several seasons to collect a nice stash of jumpers for home.

Wishing you all a pleasant day in your world.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, you are cold there!
    Sure you can knit an EZ sweater. If you run into trouble just ask, and we can all figure it out together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wintery and cosy down your way. good luck with the knitting, at least a complicated pattern is a good excuse to sit for a while with wool all over your lap and a cuppa. melx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wintery and cosy down your way. good luck with the knitting, at least a complicated pattern is a good excuse to sit for a while with wool all over your lap and a cuppa. melx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, it does look chilly in that first photo. I love the light in the early morning shot. Enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Minus 3? And here I was thinking is was chilly in the Flinders this morning: 1*C when I woke at 6am. Nothing wakes you faster than stepping outside for a quick (and I mean quick) breath of fresh air at that time of the morning!
    ~S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowser -3!! we are just reaching single digits at night here on the sunshine coast!! but still pretty chilly for us :) Is your wool from Bendigo? What colour? I just got my order from them today, can't wait to get going with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our lowest temperature so far this winter was a chilly 2.5 degrees. The kids ran around with dooners attached to them and dramatised about how freezing it was and I laughed at how I told them that growing up in Ireland 2.5 degrees was a balmy winters day! You have a beautiful blog with photos that inspire me to appreciate the simple things surrounding me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In answer to number 4, I will if you will! Stay warm, now x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can smell the stock from here. lovely photos. my thoughts are with you on the passing of your pop. take good care. gorgeous photos as always. veronica. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. The climate where you are must be very similar to here. We too have been in the minus' with glistening frosts coating the ground most mornings.
    Beautiful photos yet again Tania. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photography capturing the chill in the air. Love winter and all the wonderful comfort things that come with it. Stay warm:) Nx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your household seems SO sweet and welcoming. Your children are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. (sigh) Our days are getting warmer and warmer...I love the cold weather and all things cozy. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with you, there is nothing so warm as wool in winter.
    All my jumpers are wool, synthetic fibres just don't cut it for me.
    It it great you found some in your op shop adventures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have any questions please check back later as I will do my best to answer any within the comments section.