Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Little gifts

For my very petite two year old niece

Here are a few little pieces I made up for my little nieces and nephew. As they don't live nearby the sizes were a bit of a guessing game. Fingers crossed that they fit! Thankfully I know their mother appreciates the homemade items.

The shorts are an exact replica of a pair I made for Luca..just sized down. The little skirt is the same as one I made for Violet.

And then something for the eldest two to have a little fun with...

Pencil cases made with op shop linen tea towels and zippers. I chain stitched their names (I guess my messy stitching gives it a handmade look..)

Now all I need is some colouring books...

7 comments:

  1. Lovely projects! I posted the Chow-Chow recipe today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those fabrics and the sweet skirts! Those linen tea towels were fantastic finds. What a great new lease of life for them.

    Cohen has a colouring in book, the pages of which he rips when he thinks I'm not looking! He also has a visual diary, the black covered spiral bound type. He loves it. Sometimes he just flicks through it and scribbles on random pages. Other times he spends time building up a picture in layers and I write the date on them. I love kids drawings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all gorgeous. I love the idea of making pencil cases from linens...very cool indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what lucky nieces and nephews! I especially love the skirts - the blue one with the doily is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tania all of your handmade treasures will be loved, they are all so gorgeous. I especially love that first sweet little skirt. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. The very best presents are those made with love! Those tea towel pencil cases are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just lovely! I just figured out zips so will have to give these a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have any questions please check back later as I will do my best to answer any within the comments section.