Thursday, April 7, 2011

Autumn Blouse

In our little corner of the world we are beginning to feel the first hint of Autumn. There is a cooler crispness in the air. The poplars have their first hint of that rich yellow and the morning fogs have returned. I just love Autumn. I think it has to be my favourite season.

So it was the perfect excuse to sew something up for the season. After a little break it was time for my sewing machine to see the light of day. So I dusted it off, and pulled out my newest library book. The sizes only go up to a 5 and Julia is more like a 6 or 7, so I made the pattern a little bigger. It was very easy to sew up and the instructions and diagrams were very clear.

It was my first attempt at  making a fabric flower. It was not as difficult as I had imagined. Mind you, they could have been done a little neater. But it's all about the learning process, isn't it?
The fabric was originally thrifted, with the flower made from a vintage sheet and pillowcase.





For some lovely creative spaces click here

7 comments:

  1. That blouse is nearly as gorgeous as your daughter :) I love the colour on her.
    We have rain here this morning and I am in heaven.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, very cute & perfect for the cooler mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love autumn, my evenings naturally become more tranquil and it is nearly time to bring out the coats, hats, scarves etc. I love the fabric flower and autumn blouse. Also intrigued as to what your animals are doing there in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely top - the colour is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia looks like she loves her new top, you've done a beautiful job. It's so rewarding when you make clothes for your children, I think getting in there and giving it a go is the only way to get better and I think you are always learning. My problem is that I avoid things and don't make enough but I've got to stop worrying about making mistakes:) Your place looks lovely too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so well done! I'd love to make clothes for mine, In fact my 4 yr old has a top on today that I love and it's always so sad when they grow out of the sweet ones. That book looks like a gem. ~ Alisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great and the model seems to love it and that is the highest compliment and the most important thing of all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. If you have any questions please check back later as I will do my best to answer any within the comments section.